Area Rug Cleaning and Care Tips and Products
Jaffe Rug Gallery recommends that you regularly have your rug cleaned every three years. This not only helps sustain your rug's elegance by a thorough inspection, but it prevents future damage that may occur to your rug.
Jaffe Rug Gallery provides different types of rug pads for your new rug purchase. All of our pads are natural, non-skid, and can be fitted to every rug. Our rug pads will not stain your floor and will ensure the placement of the rug to guarantee minimal damage to your rug.
Jaffe Rug Gallery offers hand repair services to keep your antique oriental, contemporary, or any hand-knotted rug in good condition. Daily use, pets, or over-enthusiastic vacuum cleaning causes damage. These repairs will extend the life of your rug.
We have provided helpful hints and tips below for caring for your rug and cleaning any small messes that may occur. We strongly recommend that you immediately call one of our associates to schedule a pickup for proper cleaning of your rug.
Six-Step Stain Removal for Your Rug
Accidents happen every day, but it doesn't mean that your rug's appearance has to suffer. Here are six easy steps to ensure your rug doesn't pay the price of mishaps.
- Act fast
- Blot, never rub
- Clean stain starting from edge to center
- Do not soak
- Pat and fan dry
- Brush pile
Rug Cleaning and Rug Care Chart
See the rug cleaning and rug care chart key below:
- A - Cold water
- B - One teaspoon of clear dishwashing with a cup of warm water
- C - One tablespoon of clear household ammonia (3) with 1/2 cup of water
- D - A dry-cleaning solvent from grocery or home improvement store
- E - Chill with ice cubes in a plastic bag, then break residue into small pieces, scrape off, and vacuum
- F - 1/3 cup of white vinegar with 2/3 cup of water
- G - Warm water
- H - Clear nail polish remover without oil or nail conditioners (preferably acetone)
- I - Denatured alcohol or methylated spirits (avoid oil-based minerals)
- J - Rust remover
- K - Absorbent powder (salt, talc or commercial dry, absorbent powders)